Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Poetry in Six Years!

     Howdy y'all! You are reading that right: it has been 6 years since I have said anything on this blog. One talent that I have learned is poetry. I have been using as a way to explain my emotions and my beliefs and experiences. One of my hardest lessons that I've been trying to learn is forgiveness. This is due to the fact that it can be hard for me to trust anyone so it's even harder to forgive anyone. 

    When I wrote this poem, I was experimenting with the idea if forgiveness would be needed in a perfect world. On top of this, I was also dealing with really bad friend problems where we both had done and said things that we regretted. 


No Forgiveness in a Perfect World

I might have disappointed you
I'm sorry
Would you forgive me if the world was perfect?
No conflict,
No hated,
No pain, and
No forgiveness in a perfect world?

The birds all sing in a tongue that anyone can understand
Nothing hurts you
No harm
The sun is always out
Not to cold with
No forgiveness in a perfect world

I happen to put a smile on my love's face
Oh, what joy!
Oh, what beauty!
Oh what comfort in a perfect world!

The only thing that could make this possible
One whisper in my ear
The tenderness of forgiveness
I'd be able to learn anything I want to
With her 
the slight smile changes everything
I hope I can make it with
No forgiveness in a perfect world



No comments:

Post a Comment